Sunday 17 September 2017

Green Superfood Salad!


Green Superfood Salad with kale, seaweed, cucumber and avocado. Gluten free and vegan | TastingPage.com
I've had a bit of a rocky relationship with kale. When kale first came on the scene, it was everywhere. People couldn't get enough. It was the new "it" ingredient, so I wasn't interested. My kitchen back then was filled with tried and true products. Then I moved to Paris. And there was no kale. There wasn't even a French word for kale. No one had heard of it and you couldn't get it. And then I wanted it. I missed big leafy greens, and yes, that included kale. When I came back to the US, the trendy types had moved on from kale, but it was still on many menus around town, so I was at long last ready to strike up my own relationship with kale.
Green Superfood Salad - kale, seaweed, avocado & cucumber come together in this nutritious, vitamin packed salad that's gluten free and vegan | TastingPage.com
My first, and probably most enduring, love with kale began with Lacinato Kale, aka Dino Kale, aka Black Kale, aka the one that's flat and doesn't get all curly in your face. Dino Kale is super easy and pleasing to sauté with onions and chicken. The curly green kale and I didn't meet for some time after Dino and I were locked in a serious relationship. I thought the curls were just a bit of a nuisance and too bitter. What do I do with that?
Green Superfood Salad - kale, seaweed, avocado & cucumber come together in this nutritious, vitamin packed salad that's gluten free and vegan | TastingPage.com
I learned to tame the curly green kale. Yes, you can tame kale. How? You massage it and give it some lemon love. The acid in the lemon will break down the tough fibers in the kale and even take the edge off the taste. Avocado helps to balance the lemon and of course bring some added protein. Gratitude Cafe's "I Am Pure" salad gave me the inspiration to double down on the greens and add some seaweed for texture.
https://www.tastingpage.com/cooking/green-superfood-salad

Click Here For More Articles


Don't forget to opt into Our Healthy Living Society and collect your 3 free gifts while getting the latest information on health, well-being and groundbreaking news about natural nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment